* TIP: LOCATING RDISK IN WIN2K
(contributed by http://www.windows2000faq.com/)
In Windows 2000, the rdisk.exe utility has been replaced with an option in the ntbackup.exe utility.
- Start ntbackup.exe (Start, Run, ntbackup.exe).
- From the tools menu, select "Create an Emergency Repair Disk."
- Insert a blank formatted disk in drive A: and click OK.
- Click OK to the completion message and click OK again. The recovery
disk can no longer be used to restore such items as user accounts, and you will need to back up/restore the Active Directory (AD).
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2008 Art Beckman. All rights reserved.
Last Modified: March 9, 2008